Pages

30 October 2009

the best days

Lately I have found, the best days have been days when I have read my scriptures.

It's sad to admit that I have never been the most diligent scripture reader in the world... I would have my stints for a few weeks and then (like many of us) I would skip a night here or there and suddenly I'm out of practice. I am really good at reading when it's a homework assignment.. but a lot of times I just hurry to get it done.

...But that is changing...

A few weeks ago, my dad challenged me&Ry, my mom and little brother to read one chapter every day out of the Book of Mormon. He sends a daily reminder text to everyone of our assigned reading chapter for that day. A lot of times they are accompanied with a sweet little insight about the chapter or thoughts he had. It is the best text I get every day! It's so fun to read it with my whole family although we are all in different places..

I have really tried to be diligent and faithful in reading the scriptures and let me tell you, it has made my days brighter, better and easier. I love reading the Book of Mormon! The stories are so familiar, and reading reminds me how blessed I am and how much God loves me. (to name a few..)

Although life is not super easy for us young married kids.. the simple act of reading a chapter a night has made everything better.

so, come join our challenge! Read just one chapter a day.. no matter how tired you are or how little time you have. I promise you will have the best days just like us!


No comments:

Post a Comment