Pages

05 October 2009

Glory Days

So.. there have been a few instances lately that have made Me&Ry miss "the glory days." Those of you living in Utah will know exactly what I'm talking about. You know, the days when we were all tan, skinny, stylish, etc., etc.! Ever since this cold front moved in, I am really feeling like those days are lost and gone forever. I don't get ready for school anymore, and my hair is doing that frizzy thing it likes to do the second it hits cold air.

Our most recent example happened this weekend. Ryan finally bit the bullet and got a haircut. He hasn't even had a TRIM or his neck shaved since the wedding and his hair was starting to look something like this...



or.. This...



This is the Ryan Skousen we all know and love. Just a long-haired, laid-back, cool dude. We thought we would give the long hair thing another try, but his mother (and many others) were NOT having it. Plus, it was at the point where the BYU ID center denied his request for a new ID because his hair was wayyyy past the ear length requirement. I've come up with a theory that when Ryan's hair hits the floor, his ties to the glory days go with it. It's not like Me&Ry are missing high school or regretting being in a new phase of life, but those times were good and comfortable. Now we are in a phase of short hair, whiiiite bodies, and lack of funds for a new wardrobe. It's all good though. We just have to laugh. At least we're in it together! Ryan says the glory days will be back once we have been going to the gym for a few months. It looks like I've still got about 60 days until that one starts kickin' in. Although I should be mature in my acceptance of this "new phase" and post a picture, I don't think either of us are quite ready for that one. We'll let those locks keep growing and update soon!





*Shelby's prime picture.. chosen by Ry.


















*Ryan's prime pic.. chosen by Shelb.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are doing so well. ya, glory days get farther and farther away but life gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! oh yes I too long for those days of being tan...having my long hair... and being able to go pick up a cute outfit when ever I got a pay check. Those days are gone, and I don't see them coming back anytime soon. I am trying to figure out how to rock the pale look... so far,[not]so good.

    ReplyDelete