Pages

30 November 2009

thanksgiving in the Beehive state


This year was unlike any other we've ever had! Instead of going home to Arizona for the holiday, we hosted the Mosley family in Utah for turkey day.

My parents came up the Sunday before to spend time with us, and my brother Cole came up Wednesday after school.

Some highlights of the week include..

1. Eating at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Park City with our great friends Guy and Melanie Morris. This was such a treat for Ryan! He is still getting used to the fine dining that comes with being a Mosley.

2. Shopping and lunch with my mom! It was so great to spend some one-on-one girl time with my mama. I miss her soooooo much!

3. Preparing our thanksgiving dinner for two days! My mom taught us how to make pies, brine a turkey, and so many other useful skills. Ryan was just as excited about the cooking as I was!

4. The big dinner!


check out that turkey.. my mom sure knows how to cook 'em



we brined the turkey overnight (soaked in salt water) and then cooked it with all these yummies inside!



me and the man on thanksgiving



"mama kimmer" {as Ry calls her} carving the turkey



sibling love




we ate on our china for the big meal!
Here is the table with most of the food..
and of course our drinks from 7-eleven.
{classy huh?}



mmmmmm.



Ryan was not cooperating with my picture taking...


Coleus with his rolls and Pepsi.. haha


We also went to the movies, decorated for Christmas, and had a great time hanging out together. The boys got to go snowboarding Saturday and I missed out because I had to work :(

It was so great to have my family come up this year. Because of work we wouldn't have been able to travel for the holiday and it definitely wouldn't have been fun without them!

We missed cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents this year! It was hard for Ry to be away from his family for the holiday.. but it is going to make Christmas that much sweeter.

Me&Ry feel so blessed and are thankful for so much this year! Our first thanksgiving together was definitely one to remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment