Pages

03 January 2010

2009 in photos


Oh what a year 2009 was..
This year brought incredible blessings, laughs, and good times,
as well as a little stress and a few tears..
But me&Ry couldn't be happier about this great year we had!

Now, we will flashback to a favorite memory from each month..

Jan.

We took advantage of our season passes at The Canyons.
Ryan is the best teacher!
He was so patient with me, and my skills really improved.
We made some great memories up there!


Feb.

We spent our first Valentine's Day together.
(I'm not counting high school.. that's kind of embarrassing).
Ryan made me this "sick" puppy-gram.


Mar.

I turned 20!
Ryan learned how much I love birthdays and made mine SO special!


Apr.

We got engaged!
After quite a few years of being in love.. we decided to seal the deal..


May

This was a rough month.
Ryan recovered from major surgery on his jaw. [hence the swollen face :( ]
I stayed in Provo for the Spring semester while Ry healed in Arizona.
My man drove between Provo and Mesa 3 times [10 hours each way] to see me.
Now that's love!


Jun.

My besties in Provo threw me an AMAZING bridal shower..
Definitely a highlight of the year!



July

We went with the Skousen family to Lake Powell.
My first time EVER! (Can you believe it?!)
We had so much fun!
I can't wait to go again as a married couple!



Aug.

Probably my favorite month of '09.
Although it was blistering hot outside...

We were MARRIED on the first.


We honeymooned in Coronado California


Then we spent another week in Oceanside with the Skousens.
(Such a fun vacation! I can't wait to go back!)



Sept.

Our tans began to wear off the second we drove into Provo...

We moved back to Provo together!
It has been so fun to decorate and furnish our little apartment.
Ry has proved to be quite a talented handyman.

We were able to enjoy college football season.. live!!



Oct.

We watched the leaves change outside our window.


I also honed my baking skills.
I began a yearly tradition of making pumpkin cookies on Oct. 1 just like my mom.
Next year, I'm making half the batch!



Nov.

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving together!
It was our first in Utah as well.
It was fun to host dinner at our little apartment,
and learn how to make all the goodies! :)



Dec.

We had so much fun spending the Christmas season together!
The best part was being family, friends and everyone we love.

The end of 2009 is a little bittersweet for us.
We are sad to end a great year that has been filled with important events.
However, we can't wait to see what 2010 has to offer!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I love you guys. Amy and I want to do a triple date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great year!! shelbs i miss you! You can expect a phone call from me soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are the cutest! I'm glad we were able to ring in the new year together.

    (Oh, and I meant to tell you that I stole your 2009 post idea BEFORE you saw it, but then I forgot to text you. Haha, sorry! I hope you don't mind)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i love the picture of you guys at coronado on the beach because you got a grrrrreat butt shot of the girl behind you. real classy. but yesssss shelbs. i still love you to death! come visit me please.
    xoxo,
    abigail tucker

    ReplyDelete