Pages

14 July 2010

a fabulous 4th

This year, we stayed in Utah for the 4th of July..

I have always heard that the Beehive State is amazing for the 4th, and it definitely did not disappoint. 

My dad was up here which was so much fun for us!

We got up super early Saturday morning to watch the world cup and get a little breakfast in Kamas.

Sunday we were invited up to our good family friends' ranch
 for what we affectionately call:
The Pasture of Fire


My favorite part of the entire weekend, was the fact that Ry got to go fly fishing for the first time!


My dad is a really passionate fly fisherman, and has been wanting to get Ryan out there with him for a while now!
Honestly, it was love the moment that boy stepped in the river.  

They left around 4:00 p.m...
...The BBQ festivities came and went...
...I kept staring out the window waiting for them to get back...

...and they FINALLY returned at dark.


I think we have an addiction on our hands people.

Once the sun set, Pasture of Fire began.

My dad brought a few pennies worth of 
questionable fireworks up from Vegas. 
Not simply the ones that spin around on the ground.. 
No. NO.
The ones that actually shoot up in the air... the really cool ones!


So in addition to all of these firecrackers and fountains suspended on wires, we had a full on show that shot up into the sky behind it.

It was seriously one of the best shows we have ever seen!


We had a way fun, relaxing yet exciting 4th of July weekend..
I can't wait for next year!

Happy Birthday America! 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a Great time! Grandpa will sure be excited to hear that Ryan is an addicted fisherman!! I hear that fly fishing is fun!! Well...not for me but I'm sure it is for some people, hehe! Hope to see you for a couple of days (at least) at Lake Powell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete