Pages

26 June 2011

feels like home


I have been home from New York for a week and a half now... I am loving it. I am cuddled up in my huge, white, fluffy bed as we speak. I hear the hum of the AC and TV noises coming from down stairs. I seriously missed these luxuries while I was away. Most importantly I know my boy is studying away at our kitchen table. Just being in the same building as him makes me breathe easier. It is really good to be home. I cried equally as hard when I returned as when I left. I was so sad to leave New York, but also so relieved to be back with my love and that our time apart was finally over. For the first few days I literally didn't lift a finger. That resulted in a huge pile of dirty laundry and empty cupboards and stomachs. I am now focusing on getting back in the swing of my Utah life... gym, cleaning, laundry, cooking, job search, etc. I'm not sure where life is going to take us now that I'm graduated. We will be here until April when Ryan finishes school. I finally realized that Provo is home to me for the time being. I guess it took four years of school, graduating and moving away for me to love coming back. I'm so grateful that I get a bonus year to enjoy the gorgeous mountain sky and living in this little bubble with Ryan. Wherever we end up living in the years after we leave Provo, it will always feel like home because we're together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment