Pages

10 June 2012

learning to drive

Ryan has been asking me for a while to teach him how to drive stick shift. My car is a stick shift and I actually love it! Driving in stop and go traffic is definitely more annoying, but I feel like I'm driving a race car. It's been a little bit of a nuisance when Ryan couldn't drive my car or move it if he needed to. The other night we decided it was finally time for him to learn! At 25! We started at the church but eventually moved to the parking lot at the Provo Towne Center mall where we could do laps and donuts. It was so fun! I saw visions of teaching our kids how to drive one day. I think all kids should learn how to drive stick in the beginning... We only stalled a few times and by the time we were done Ryan was practically a pro and driving great! Ry was very impressed that I've been driving a stick shift since I was 16... and in heels! We definitely felt like teenagers again for a night.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I've always been very impressed with your ability to drive stick in heels... on the phone. Haha. I learned with Luke a few years ago and it is way too stressful for me!

    ReplyDelete