Pages

12 October 2009

life is sweet

A new friend has come into our lives that has made every day especially sweet lately..

He is light blue, looks great in my kitchen and makes it way too easy to whip up a delicious treat at the first sign of any craving.



Honestly, I did not realize how blessed I am to have this bad boy. (Especially in this fantastic color!) In the same breath, I didn't realize this purchase was going to bring such havoc to my physical health and fitness. Like I said, I just want to whip up a different treat every single night because it is so fun and easy! (no worries, I haven't made something every night).

So for about the past month I have been having a really odd craving... cake. This may not sound very odd to you, but this is coming from someone who has never really been a huge fan of cake. At birthday parties, weddings, etc. I would never even bother to eat the cake. It has never been my thing. But now, for some odd reason, cake is my number one dessert. Maybe this is because of the delicious cupcakes we had at our wedding. Or because the womanly instincts are kicking in and trying to ruin my figure! We may never know.. They say the older you get, the more you become like your parents. I DEFINITELY got this one from my mom. She is obsessed with cake. That might even be an understatement. Oh great. It's really happening. Luckily my mom is amazing so I'd be lucky to turn into her..

So, to satisfy this month long craving I made CUPCAKES last night! This was my first time EVER making any type of cake. It was so EASY. And they turned out super cute and tasty (if I do say so myself..).




I mixed up the batter.. and ate a lot more than I should have. MMMmm!


I used these super cute halloween cupcake liners. LOVE!



The finished product! With a cute husband doing dishes in the background.
Could life get any sweeter than this?!

2 comments:

  1. when i first got married, i literally made a treat probably every other day. i wanted to use all my cute kitchen stuff and cookbooks and aprons haha. plus it's so fun and makes your apartment feel like a home. i totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well look at you cute little house wife!!! and i am in love with your blue kitchen aide! nice choice! shelbs we still gotta get together... we have 3 days to make it happen. let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete