Pages

12 November 2009

asylum walls


Here at good ol' number 15, we live, surrounded by what we endearingly call "asylum walls." Literally, they are whitest walls you have ever seen. I think our landlord found Holy paint or something because they are just beyond white.

We never appreciated the soft browns or interesting colors our Moms used to paint until now. I am definitely a lover of white myself, but we have found that it's just a little too much for our taste.

Me&Ry have been buying up wall art like mad trying to liven this place up a bit, and make it more livable. However, with limited funds this has been a bit of a challenge.

Without knowing the whiteness of our walls, I even picked out ALL WHITE bedding! So this week it was finally time to add a little something to our room.


...before...





...first frame on the wall...





...getting closer..






..the finished product!



SO much better!



Excuse the fact that there aren't pictures in all of the frames yet... Agreeing on what to put in there is another project in and of itself!

The great thing about this collage, is that we didn't have to buy very many of the frames. A lot of them were used at our wedding, a few were wedding gifts, we slowly collected the rest of them and I made the mossy one in the middle! (a diy post to come..)

Ry-baby did a great job hanging these. I just sat back, relaxed and handed him the level. Who knew Ry obsessively straightens hanging pictures?!?! Well, his knack for perfection paid off.. they look great!

Do you like it?!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that I always comment. I totally love it! Such a cute idea. I have been afraid to try that, but you inspired me. I have a blank wall in our office and we have tons of extra frames from the wedding too. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. You're going to have to teach me how to decorate my very boring apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it shelby so so cute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete