Pages

05 November 2009

tonight..



Me&Ry went here...




..since getting married, we have realized there is absolutely NO better place to go!
It makes us..
happier
sweeter
kinder
more in LOVE
etc.
etc.

Because I was in such a great mood, I decided to make dinner especially for my sweetheart. Ry has been craving a meal his mom used to make when he was a kid... I'm not gonna lie.. I was a little reluctant about making this meal.. here's why..

See, Ry is under the impression that in my 3 short months of experience I have become somewhat of a good cook. That's because I make things that i know how to make. Things my mom cooks... (and when I'm freaking out because everything is going wrong, I can call my mom and she'll walk me through the steps..)

The idea of this totally foreign meal thrown into the mix, was a little scary. It's hard to put my fragile cooking skills up against those of his AMAZING mom. (she really is a great cook!)

Nevertheless, I made the meal. And it turned out great! Ry even agreed. Let me tell you.. there is no better feeling than hearing "this is exactly how it should taste" from your man.

Woo hoo! My cooking skills will live to fight another day.

This whole thing taught me how important it is to make your man things that he likes, and not just meals that you like (I am quite guilty.) and it's okay if you don't make everything as good..


(Mmmm.. the casserole)

4 comments:

  1. We feel the same way about the temple! It always makes us nicer to each other and less stressed out. We should go together!

    And great job on the cooking! When we first got married, I only made stuff I liked and poor Spence had to eat lots of salad and curry. Now I have some good recipies that I know we both like and it works out great haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate is always amazed with your cooking skills too. You're setting way too high of a standard for me. lol

    But I go through the temple two weeks from today! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute!! Keep going to the temple often..you will definitely be happy if you do! And GOOD JOB on the casserole Shelby!! I think I'd be intimidated too trying to make Lachelle's recipes. She's awesome...so if you've got that down, you're doing great! Anyway, Ryan's so sweet you could probably serve him mud and he'd eat it up and smile, if YOU made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha.. I totally know how you feel.. I am a horrible cook and i can only make stuff my mom made! Luckily we dont have an oven so i cant get too gutsy with my meals!! You guys are so cute and look so in love!! I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete