Pages

12 October 2010

jammin'

This weekend, I made homemade jam for the first time.

peach jam to be exact.


The fruit stands here in Utah have absolutely amazing peaches.

fresh, juicy, perfectly ripe peaches.



I spent a few hours of my Saturday peeling, dicing and tasting.
These amazing peaches made some pretty dang good jam.

Now, our freezer is stocked for winter.
(plus one in the fridge)


We've already had PB+J's and wheat toast with jam.
I can't wait to eat some hot homemade rolls smothered in the stuff.

Why buy bland grocery store jam when you can have the real thing?
delish!

2 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to make jam.

    and utah fruit stand peaches are the best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shelbs I am so impressed! I showed Aaron and he said you are very "homely" haha he means domestic!!! you go girl:)

    ReplyDelete