Pages

06 October 2010

dear diary...

I love writing in you.
I think that's an understatement.
writing is therapeutic
whether my day has been good or bad, it feels great to record my thoughts in you.
reading old entries is the best. it is so fun to re-live the past for a minute.
writing down memories is my favorite way to remember them.
I like to think I will always remember everything. 
but I need you to make that true.
I made a goal to finish you by the end of 2010..





















see... only a skinny section left.
I will have to write on a more consistent basis to finish.
there is something so great about completely filling a journal.
I've only done it once.
hopefully by the New Year you will be sitting on my shelf.
there are just so many cute journals out there that tempt me on a 
daily basis.
you are cute, but you are now worn and tattered from time.
you lived in my backpack, purse, and church bag.
you have recorded one of the best years of my life.
I am excited to see what the rest of the year has to hold...
...but I'm looking forward to choosing my next cute friend (no offense).

love, Shelb.

2 comments:

  1. oh im so bad about finishing journals! i always find a cute one and move along. i would love to write frequently enough to fill one whole journal. way to go!! maybe u have inspired me... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby, you are so cute! I totally feel the same way about cute journals, I see one or two at Ross every time I go there and for $3, I can't resist:)

    ReplyDelete