Pages

04 October 2010

shelby's pumpkin cookie recipe

I have had a lot of requests for my family's pumpkin cookie recipe.
So, without further ado...
How to bake:

Pumpkin Cookies













ingredients:

cookies-
2 cups sugar
2 cups shortening
2 cups pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cloves
frosting-
1 box powdered sugar
1 stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
*add little orange food coloring if desired

directions:

1. in an electric mixer, blend shortening and sugar
2. add pumpkin
3. add eggs one at a time
4. add vanilla
5. in a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and cloves
6. mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
7. bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (I never set a timer.  I just watch them until the tops begin to harden up just a little bit. So, cooking time may vary.)
8. mix frosting ingredients together in an electric mixer for about two minutes (I use one and a half recipes of frosting.. but I get a little frosting happy! :) )
9. frost when cool

I promise these amazing morsels will NOT disappoint!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment