Pages

25 May 2011

uptown girl

New York is truly getting better and better the longer I am here. This past Friday marked the half way point and I am kind of freaking out. I still have so much more that I want to do with my time in the city... I feel like this whole experience is just flying by! Let's just say I'm going to be pretty busy the next few weeks! Work has continued to pick up and I am loving being so busy. The work days truly fly by. The only bummer is that it is so hard being apart from Ryan. But luckily I get to see him Friday morning! I seriously can't wait. We are going to have the best time in the city!
Here is a little of what I've been up to...

*lunching in Bryant Park with friends


*eating at delicious restaurants all over town

Here we are at Nonna on the Upper West Side.
I don't think there is anything better than sitting outside on a warm New York night, and enjoying a little pasta with friends.





Cafe Frida - another favorite find.
After this dinner we walked from 96th to 122nd on Broadway. Our friends love to walk through the city and experience real life here. As my friend Heidi pointed out, you miss a lot when you ride the subway.





*yoga in the park! 

This is most definitely one of the best things I've done in New York.
.namaste.


love my yoga buddy Heidi


*going to some of the many amazing museums

So far I have been to the Natural History and the Guggenheim


view from the top


*catching a few shows on Broadway!

Wonderland



Some of our best family friends Kathryn and Cody came out to visit! Together we went to see Addams Family and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!

Memphis was for sure one of my favorites!



*strolling through the city and exploring as we go

Central Park...




Lincoln Center



*hanging out with the Skousens! It was so amazing to see Ryan's parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles. I was lucky enough to be invited to dinners, hang out, explore the city and even see a Broadway show. I just love this family!

Times Square


I am simply falling more and more in love with this place. (is that even possible?) I am so excited to show my boy around and witness him fall it love with it too!

1 comment:

  1. Shelby it is so fun to hear an update from you! What an incredible time you are having! I'm so glad you are loving it and can't wait for Friday morning for you two :). So glad he gets to come out and visit! Love you both!
    -Jenica

    ReplyDelete