Pages

17 January 2010

hoot! there it is!




Background:
Sophomore year I bought lamp for my room.

I affectionately named him "Hoot there it is" or "Hoot" for short.


He was a great lamp. He brought so much personality and uniqueness to my small room.

Unfortunately, I broke him one night. He tried to fly off my desk, and never turned on again. This devastated me because I love this lamp and I knew I would never find another one like it. Plus, you can't replace a friend with a friend who looks just like him. It just doesn't work like that.

Now for the real story:
So, one night in September, Me&Ry tried to fix Hoot ourselves.
We spent $7.50 on a wiring kit to rewire him.


I thought I would be really smart and take a few before and after pictures.



Hoot proved quite challenging to fix.


The big problem:
We learned how hard it is to rewire an owl-shaped lamp after it was much too late.



Hoot was in pieces around our room but we kept trying.
Finally we decided we would never figure out how to fix him.

Hoot gathered dust behind our closet door. We put him out of sight so we would not be reminded that he was broken.

The resolution:
So for Christmas, Ryan planned a great surprise.

Ryan took Hoot to an electrician to get fixed!
Ry did this without my knowledge, and even managed to sneak Hoot down to Arizona in the car.

It was one of the best presents anyone has ever given me. Ryan knew how much I loved the owl lamp and went to great extremes to have him fixed.

Although he has an ugly yellow cord now, and his lampshade is a little tilted, I'm just glad he's in working order.



"da Hootzkies" is back where he belongs!

1 comment:

  1. It's the little things that really are the BIG things! SO SWEET! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete