Pages

14 March 2010

we'd rather be...





I saw this print and I instantly thought of Me&Ry.. 

We have become quite the little thrifters ever since we began decorating our home.

On days that neither of us have work or class, we absolutely love to go explore thrift stores around the area.  Mostly we search for fun and interesting knick knacks to decorate with.  We also browse for furniture, interesting books, and anything unique to put in our home.  

I will say that Utah has a few pretty good thrift stores.  
All the generous Mormons give their quality goods away to D.I. like you wouldn't even believe.  

Obviously there is a lot of junk to be found, and most of the time, we leave empty handed... However, it is one of the best feelings to find a treasure that was also really inexpensive.  
It is kind of an adrenaline rush.

Plus, when we find something good, it counteracts the fact that I breathe through my shirt and fight off gags the second I walk into an old shop... (literally)

My favorite treasure we found at the thrift store is this globe..


We had been looking for one to go in our living room when we stumbled upon this beauty.  
Globes this size are not cheap and it is in great condition!

Luckily for us, (and our bank accounts) we love to thrift! 

[photo via designismine]

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love you guys! We need to come over again and check out the new decor.

    ReplyDelete