Pages

05 April 2010

a little older, and (hopefully) wiser


Wasn't I here...


...just yesterday?!

I turned 21 last week, and it's weird to me that I feel old.
I kind of thought I was going to be a kid forever.

When I was little, I used to tell my parents I didn't want to grow up.
The song "I don't want to grow up.. I'm a toys-r-us kid" used to make me cry.. (haha!)

However, I can say that being "old" isn't as bad as I thought it would be (so far...)

I had a fabulous birthday!

The night before, I made myself a coconut birthday cake (my all time fav).  I had a few close friends over to celebrate however, this stubborn cake wasn't done baking quite in time.  Ryan and I definitely enjoyed it though!



On my actual b-day I was pampered and showered with love the entire day...  


After a fun relaxing morning, my besties took me out to lunch at our favorite CPK.



..after lunch we couldn't resist a little frozen yogurt!



When I got home Ryan gave me some presents..


My favorite:


is an original copy of The Eagles' Hotel California on vinyl.
I have been looking for this baby for a while now and Ryan found one online for me! 

Ah I am so excited.. now I'm just looking for the perfect spot in our place to display it.
(seriously, so thoughtful!)


At night, Ry took me to The Cheesecake Factory for din.
I think it's my favorite restaurant and it's definitely one of a few decent selections in Utah..
all I can say is YUM!


(and yes.. we ate one of these..)



I got some goodies from my parents and also Ryan's family...  everyone was so thoughtful and sent so much love my way.


I wish it was my birthday every day..

You know, without the whole "getting older" part.


3 comments:

  1. fun!! i know I love birthdays. haha and shane and i are going to cheesecake factory for my birthday too. you just cant beat cheesecake factory mmm. happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like ur article~!!!.............................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed you commented on BBL's blog for the photo giveaway, even though you didn't win since you commented I will give you a discount :) If you're interested email me ashley.shippen@gmail.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete