Pages

24 April 2011

the ABC's of college life

Last week I took the last final exam of my college career. It was an amazing feeling to walk out of the testing center and realize I will never have to do that again. As a little girl I couldn't wait for the day I would be done with school. I truly never felt like that day would ever come! Well, it is here whether I like it or not. Honestly, it is a little bittersweet. I have been reflecting on my time here and I realize how blessed I have been to meet so many amazing people and have unforgettable experiences. I know I will rave about how amazing my college experience at BYU was. I am already planning to brainwash my kids into coming here too. 

For me, college life was all about:

living with my besties at Alpine village (137/8)



having the Best friends a girl could ask for




studying Communications and advertising

Dance parties, Dollar scoop night and Delicious cinnamon melts

Eighties nights in Salt Lake


cougar Football games

Getting home at 4:30 in the morning (or later)

having many Homesick days and nights, but sticking it out

 Insanely hard religion tests

the JSB the JKB the JFSB

Kissing lots of frogs until I found my prince


fall Leaves and the change of seasons


getting Married! and attending the weddings of my best friends


taking lots of Notes

Ordering countless BBQ chicken salads from CPK

Pretending to listen in class while playing words with friends

Quietly hiding in our room during "floor meeting"

living by our favorite people at Roylance estates



Snow and Snowboarding! learning to walk, ride, drive and live in the stuff



meeting my forever roomie and best friends in Taylor hall




learning Undoubtedly that The Church is true

girls trips to Vegas


interning in Washington D.C.


gaining a little X-tra somethin' somethin' (oh, the freshman 15)

hiking the Y

Zoobie watching


Oh how I will miss the college life!

3 comments:

  1. This seriously almost made me cry! I am so happy for you and so proud of you:) You have certainly accomplished a lot these last four years and I am so glad I could be a part of those memories and all the future ones to come! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this was so creative!! I am thoroughly impressed ha ha we need more recent pictures... When you get back!! Hope you are having a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was the cutest thing i have ever seen and read! i'll be stealing this idea one day! how in NY post some pics!

    ReplyDelete